Professional Drain Cleaning | Spring Cleaning Must
A clogged drain can be caused by numerous reasons, and while some are in your control, some may simply be out of it.
A clogged drain in your Buffalo home can be a major disruption to your daily routine. Not all clogs can be cleared with the average household plunger. Some tough clogs require a more intensive treatment. Store-bought drain cleaning chemicals, as convenient as they may sound, are not really the answer. When used repeatedly, these chemicals can damage your home’s pipes, and they’re not always as effective as promised. If you haven’t already, you should add professional drain cleaning to your spring cleaning list to ensure your home remains clog free throughout the year.
What Causes Drains to Clog?
You could have a clogged drain brewing and not even know it. Maybe there are signs that it’s time to have your drains cleaned, but often they are ignored or go unnoticed until the issue is much larger. Drain clogs can occur for a variety of reasons, making drain cleaning a must do to keep your home efficiently functioning.
Common causes of a clogged drain include:
– Food Waste: Many kitchen drain clogs are caused by trapped food waste. Some common causes for a kitchen clog are eggshells, rice and pasta, flour, coffee grounds, and more.
– Hair: Bathroom clogs are often caused by hair going down and building up in the plumbing. Soap and other residue can fuse together to create impermeable clogs and issues in your Buffalo home’s bathroom.
– Unflushables, Flushed: It’s a common plumbing myth that certain products can be flushed down the toilet without any problems; however, that is not the case. Toilets are designed to only dispose of specific materials, such as human waste and toilet paper. If you flush a non-flushable, such as: cotton balls, feminine products, baby wipes, paper towels, tissues, or “flushable” (yes, we know they are called “flushable”, but they are not) wipes, down your toilet, it could lead to issues.
– Tree Roots: Some clogs can form deep in your home’s sewer line. A sewer line can become clogged with tree roots, due to the tree and its roots looking for a water source. Over time, these roots can grow and cause a blockage.
– Grease and Oils: While oils, grease, and fats may look harmless, because they are usually in the liquid form, they will congeal and that can eventually cause clogs throughout your plumbing.
A clogged drain can be caused by numerous reasons, and while some are in your control, some may simply be out of it. Professional drain cleaning, especially on an annual basis, can help to ensure that clog threats are resolved before they become a larger problem.
What Does Drain Cleaning Cost?
The cost of professional drain cleaning depends on the type of clog and how many blockages there are in your home. Sewer line clogs are tougher and more expensive to treat. Plumbers will typically inspect your drains, and if there is already a clog, use that to determine the cost.
Professional Drain Cleaning in Buffalo
At Reimer Home Serivces, our plumbers are available Day or Night. If you have a clog, or need drain cleaning because you suspect one is building, contact us. We’ll let you know the soonest we can get one of our certified, experienced plumbers out to your home to address the issue.
We provide our customers with an upfront estimate before every Buffalo drain cleaning service call. You’ll know exactly what our service will cost, and what to expect from our team at Reimer.