Know the Signs that it’s Time to Have Your Drains Cleaned
We are going to review some of the key indicators that should alert you that you are in need of a drain cleaning.
Having an issue with any drain in your Buffalo, New York home is an inconvenience; however, it is something that can be avoided. There are telltale signs that it’s time to have your drains cleaned and things you can do to prevent a major clog before it occurs. We are going to review some of the key indicators that should alert you that you are in need of a drain cleaning.
What causes a clogged drain?
Clogged drains in your Buffalo home can be caused by a multitude of reasons. To put it simply, like everything in your home, your plumbing ages overtime and acquires buildup. A clog can be caused by food, hair, soap scum, mineral buildup, children’s toys, amongst other things. Our expert plumbing team has found all the things that you can imagine hidden within plumbing.
What are signs that it’s time to have your drains cleaned?
Before you have a clogged drain, there are usually clues that point to the fact that one is on the way and you should have your drains cleaned before you are dealing with the backed-up water and mess. Let’s review the signs.
– Slow Draining: If your drain is emptying slowly, and it takes longer than normal for water to completely go down, this typically signals that there is a clog further down the plumbing line in your pipes. If this is happening to multiple drains in your Buffalo, NY home at the same time, this could be an indication that you have larger sewer issues. In both instances, you should call a local Buffalo plumbing team to help you resolve the issue and clean your drains.
– Gurgling Noises: Pay attention when water goes down the drain; if you hear gurgling sounds, that is a not a good thing. This is usually caused by a a clog that is creating oxygen to bubble back up to the surface. A gurgling drain usually indicates a partial clog, but when homeowners are not attentive and don’t resolve the issue as soon as possible, full-blown blockages can develop.
– Frequently Clogged Drains: If you are using home drain cleaner or plungers over and over again on your drains, you likely have a major clog throughout your plumbing and are only temporarily resolving the issue. As a reminder, home drain cleaner can cause further damage to your plumbing, and should be avoided. Frequent clogs in the same drains should alert you that it’s time to have your drains inspected and cleaned.
– Bad Smell: Perhaps the most unpleasant sign that it’s time to have your drains cleaned, is when there is a bad odor coming through your drain. Most of the time, the smell is a result of built up residue or food or grease that is trapped in the plumbing. To eliminate the foul smell and backup, you need to have your drains cleaned to get rid of the nasty clog.
– Flooding or Busted Pipes: Nothing is a bigger sign of drain issues than when the clog has forced water out of the pipes and created a flood or busted plumbing throughout your home. At this point, there is no doubt that you need drain cleaning, and now you also will need plumbing repair in your Buffalo home.
Regardless of what is causing clogged drains in your home, there are signs that it’s time to have your drains cleaned and Reimer Home Services is here to help. Our plumbers can clear any clog.
Contact us now for Day or Night drain cleaning here in Buffalo and Western New York. We’ll send a plumber out to your home to help clear out the clog and get your shower, sinks, or toilet back to normal in no time.